Let’s unite together to portray the Art, Tradition and Culture of our tamil roots. A run to reach the needy masses.
This year's Tamil Marathon will be a Virtual Marathon keeping in mind the current pandemic situation prioritizing the health and safety of the participants above all.
A virtual marathon enables runners to finish their race at their own pace and their own terms. All they have to do is step out of their homes, run or walk the selected distance, at their preferred location between 10th and 24th January 2021. You choose your race day, be it a weekday or a weekend, your start and finish line, be it a treadmill at the comfort of your home, the park nearby or the streets in-between.
You can opt to run any day, anyplace, any route between the 10th and 24th January 2021.
The best part about a Virtual Marathon is that any and all participants across countries, time zones and continents can make their own route plans according to their convenience. We advise all our participants to maintain health and safety, practice social distancing while they run for the needy masses.
Once you're done with the marathon, all you have to do is upload a screenshot from your smartwatch/ GPS watch/ Running app on Apple watch, FitBit, Garmon, Polar, Run keeper, Strava, Suunto, etc., to the Tamil Marathon website. Post final instructions, we'll send you a detailed email on how to upload your race completion proof onto the website. Your results will then be displayed on our Tamil Marathon website.
Depending on your registration category, you will receive your amenities. All participants will however receive a bib number, commemorative world record e-badge and an e-certificate that shall be available for download on completion of the event and the validation of the finish time uploaded by participants onto the website.
It is best to wear comfortable clothes and good shoes for the run. Choose a pair of running shoes with good cushioning and suitable for running.
Yes, all finishers completing within cutoff timing set by Tamil Marathon 2021 team will get a medal and downloadable e-certificate.
Terms & Conditions
1. Provide us with a secure email address that you can access regularly, as this will be the primary mode of contacting you during the run up to the event.
2. Furnish exact details so that your registration is not considered or treated as invalid.
3. Understand that confirmed registrations are non-refundable, non-transferrable and cannot be modified in any manner.
4. Agree that the organizers reserve the right to reject any application without stating reasons for the same.
5. Any amount collected from rejected applications will be refunded in full (excluding bank charges wherever applicable).
6. Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of mail from unknown email address should add email@example.com to their address list, to not miss out on updates.
7. The organizers will contact the runners only by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received by the runners.
8. The minimum age eligibility for the marathon is as follows: 21Km: 18yrs, 10Km: 14yrs plus, 5Km & 3Km: 6yrs plus
9. All runners less than 18 years of age will be permitted to participate only upon obtaining written consent from their respective parent or guardian.
10. By registering for the marathon, you agree that long distance running is an extreme sport and can cause injury to the body and health. You take full responsibility for participating in Tamil Marathon and do not hold the organizing committee or associated entities responsible for any injury or accident.
11. Irrespective of your age and fitness level, it is strongly suggested that you consult your physician and undergo complete medical examination to assess your ability to participate in the event.
12. Assume the possibility of all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to, falls and bruises, contact with other participants, effects of the weather, including extreme heat or humidity, city traffic or road conditions, arson or terrorist threats and all other risks associated with a public event.
13. Agree that the organizing committee of Tamil Marathon and its associated entities will not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the event.
14. Agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers from time to time in the best interests of your health and general safety.
15. Agree to stop running if instructed by the race director, medical staff or aid station volunteers.
16. Confirm that you have filled in a questionnaire regarding your medical conditions, if any, in order to assist you in the case of an emergency.
17. Agree that your name or photograph may be used for media coverage or publicizing the event.
18. Acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be stored and used by the organizers of Tamil Marathon or any other entity in connection with the organization or promotion of the event, and for the compilation of statistical information.
19. Confirm that in the event of adverse weather conditions, major incidents or threats on the day of the marathon, the organizers reserve the right to stop/cancel/postpone the event.
20. All the events will conclude by the stipulated time as detailed by the organizers. Runners will not be allowed to stay on the course beyond the stipulated cut-off time, considering safety and health issues. We request total co-operation from runners in this regard.
21. Stay tuned to tamilmarathon.org for updates!
* All the provided details are subject to change without prior notice.